Cute N Cool

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Have you ever seen a Munchkin cat?


OK, I vowed not to get another cat, and I think I will hold to this for a while.

Maybe when we downsize...

But when I do, this is the cat I want. I have never seen one before, nor even heard of them.
My mom is in a interim care facility, after a stay in the hospital. When she was admitted this cat that lives at the facility, decided her bed was his bed. When I got there he was all cozy, laying on her bed.

When he was ready to leave... well let s just say this is kitty "low-rider" (they have super short front legs)..I had to follow him out the door trying to get a picture of him.. low in the front, high in the back!

They are not bred to be this way, but have a mutant gene...whatever it is, this is my next cat!

Am I the only one who had not heard of a Munchkin cat?

7 comments:

  1. Never saw one before. He's like a dachshund.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen these cats before. They are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never even heard of that mutation before. I'm surprised no one has developed it into a breed. After having to reprimand Milton today for being on the table yet again today, a cat too short to jump sounds very tempting! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a funny looking cat but SO CUTE too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have heard of them but didn't pay attention to them as breedy pets don't do much for me. i did learn that the norwegian forest cat is extremely friendly. i blogged about that last decemeber since my stray cat princess is one. i love all kitties. so glad your mom had a friend. i think that is wonderful and very uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If a cat could be a corgi...this one is it! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never heard of a Munchkin cat -- what a cool looking kitty!! I don't blame you for wanting one.
    Have you ever heard of a Ragdoll cat? I would love to have one of them.. also, love the new blog format...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments...I mean really...Thank you for taking the time to do that.. how nice of you!