Cute N Cool

Monday, November 15, 2010

Goodbye to my Mom

The last eleven and a half months have been the hardest period of my mom's long life.

I am one of five kids who had the honor of calling Gloria
"Mom".

I can honestly say, she was one very classy lady who lived life with zest, to it's fullest!

She was a mom; a wife, a world traveler, an entrepreneur, a realtor, and she was a great friend to so many.

She honored this earth with her presence for 86 years, 11 months, and 4 days. We were all thankful for being part of her life.

After breaking her hip late Christmas Eve last year, her life changed dramatically. She was not able to be independent, and could not go back to her lovely Condo on the water of Lake Washington.

She never complained.

We are so thankful we were able to get her back to her home, surrounded by her family, friends, and memories... for the last two weeks of her life.

She passed away on Nov 6th, 2010.

"I Love You Mom...."



11 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry.... my prayers to you & your whole family on such a loss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry Jan! I wish that there were words to bring you comfort, but only time can do that. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. May your Mom rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss. You will be in my thoughts and prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss. {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man...she sounds like she was a wonderful mom and woman. Blessing to you and yours during this painful time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Please accept my sincere condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  7. jan, i am so sorry for you and your family. when grampie fell and broke his hip he lived i think 3 years afterwards but lost his independence. i hated it for him as he was so active too. if it helps at all, please know your blog friends are thinking of you and hoping you will heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am truly sorry for the loss of your Mother. My own is 87 and I can not even start to imagine how hard this must be for you. Blessings to you and your family in this time of sadness

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jan...my prayers to you and your family, how wonderful your mother was loved by so many!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Jan! I am so sorry you lost your mother. I know how hard it is. I am praying for you and your family. You mother sounds like such a wonderful woman. You were so blessed to be her daughter, and she was blessed to have a daughter like you to take care of her!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments...I mean really...Thank you for taking the time to do that.. how nice of you!