Cute N Cool

Friday, April 24, 2009

We love the old movies..



I was just getting ready for bed last night, and my husband flipped the station to a great old movie, yep, "The Long Long Trailer"

Those old movies are the best, and there are so many of them that are priceless.. We have always had a thing for RV's and Motorhomes.. so this is a special one for us..

Throw in a couple crazy Corgi's and Randy their sidekick, and it would be situation comedy for us to go on the trip Lucy and Desi took. One of us would not make it back alive!

Here is some trivia on the Long Long Trailer, from Wikipedia:

The Long, Long Trailer is a novel by Clinton Twiss from the 1950s. It is about a couple who buy a new travel trailer home and spend a year traveling across the United States.

The novel was made into a movie in 1954 starring Lucille Ball, Desi Arnaz, Marjorie Main, Keenan Wynn, Bert Freed, Moroni Olsen, Gladys Hurlbut, Madge Blake, and Walter Baldwin. It was directed by Vincente Minnelli working from a screenplay by Albert Hackett and Frances Goodrich.

10 comments:

  1. Do you know, I have never seen this movie! But now you have me curious - I will need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of it! I'm going to have to look for it! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love lucy and desi. had no clue they did movies...we love old movies too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm - didn't know that! I love TNT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. TNT is our favorite channel! I saw that movie...too many years ago!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is must see viewing for rv'ers. I think it's some kind of initiation rule! Your right about the corgis. Our two make being on the road, verrrrrry interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhh, memories of Sunday afternoons noons and old movies are rushing back now. Just throw in a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup...then I am home.

    I still think my favorite is Bringing up Baby...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that movie!!! Makes me LOL--no really, I laugh out loud!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments...I mean really...Thank you for taking the time to do that.. how nice of you!