Cute N Cool

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Another Quotable Sunday...does anyone remember...


Mae West!
What a one of a kind woman she was, God broke the mold after that one was made, you gotta love her!


A dame that knows the ropes isn't likely to get tied up.

A man can be short and dumpy and getting bald but if he has fire, women will like him.

A man in the house is worth two in the street.

A man's kiss is his signature.

A woman in love can't be reasonable - or she probably wouldn't be in love.

All discarded lovers should be given a second chance, but with somebody else.

Any time you got nothing to do - and lots of time to do it - come on up.

Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly.

Cultivate your curves - they may be dangerous but they won't be avoided.

Don't keep a man guessing too long - he's sure to find the answer somewhere else.

Don't marry a man to reform him - that's what reform schools are for.

Every man I meet wants to protect me. I can't figure out what from.

Give a man a free hand and he'll run it all over you.

He's the kind of man a woman would have to marry to get rid of.

His mother should have thrown him out and kept the stork.

I believe in censorship. I made a fortune out of it.

I believe that it's better to be looked over than it is to be overlooked.

I didn't discover curves; I only uncovered them.

I like a man who's good, but not too good - for the good die young, and I hate a dead one.

I never loved another person the way I loved myself.

I never worry about diets. The only carrots that interest me are the number you get in a diamond.

I only have 'yes' men around me. Who needs 'no' men?

I only like two kinds of men, domestic and imported.

I see you're a man with ideals. I better be going before you've still got them.

I speak two languages, Body and English.

I'd like to see Paris before I die. Philadelphia will do.

When I'm good, I'm very good. But when I'm bad I'm better.

Save a boyfriend for a rainy day - and another, in case it doesn't rain.

I've been in more laps than a napkin.

It isn't what I do, but how I do it. It isn't what I say, but how I say it, and how I look when I do it and say it.

Opportunity knocks for every man, but you have to give a woman a ring.

and my favorite...

Love thy neighbor - and if he happens to be tall, debonair and devastating, it will be that much easier.

Thanks again to Toni..


Now you post a new post on your blog with some of your favorite quotes.
~ Go over to and post your link in the mister linkey.

~ Go check out all the other cool bloggers that are joining in Quotable Sunday, check back all day as people are posting throughout the day. Have a great Sunday!




18 comments:

  1. Loved all your quotes -- it was hard to pick my fav. but it would be Give a man a free hand and he'll run it all over you.

    Too funny! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh she was fabulous wasn't she?? I dont think I could pick a favorite quote!! Happy QS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a character she must have been! My fave is "I'd like to see Paris before I die. Philadelphia will do." I don't know why, but that cracks me up!
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, gosh, these are great! Every quote is a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S., I'm putting you on my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was a huge Mae West fan!
    Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jan...
    I'm here from Bloggers Over 50...which you commented that you'd like to be added to the list of members....I need to ask you to add the graphic link to your sidebar before I add you [I've had several complain that some blogs don't have the link back to the home site in order to continue with visiting others]

    So, when you have the link up, please let me know so I can then add your link.

    PS....LOVE your blog layout as I too love horses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mae West was one-of-a-kind... ;) So many great quotes to choose from, but I think my favorite is your favorite:

    Love thy neighbor - and if he happens to be tall, debonair and devastating, it will be that much easier.

    Happy Quotable Sunday! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. She was something, huh?? And by today's "beauty" standards, people would think that she was obese and probably wouldn't even give her the time of day. Just goes to show you...people are too quick to judge by the outside of one's "packages" when all of the "good stuff is in the inside :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Again....
    You work fast!! And I must say I really, really appreciate you adding the link.

    You and your blog have been added to the blog roll. Thanks for dropping by for a visit. I've also signed up to follow your blog. Hope you don't mind!!

    Have a terrific afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY!!! I love her and her wit was legendary~!
    I like this one:
    Cultivate your curves - they may be dangerous but they won't be avoided.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, wouldn't you love to have partied with her! Those are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love Mae West around here. In fact, I invoke her name often. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can not pick a favorite. :) these are all fantastic! What a dame she was.

    ReplyDelete
  15. She was definitely an ORIGINAL!

    My fav~

    I believe that it's better to be looked over than it is to be overlooked.

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yes, she was a wit! Love those quotes :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments...I mean really...Thank you for taking the time to do that.. how nice of you!